akhia, headquartered in Hudson, Ohio, is seeking a driven, highly motivated Account Executive who is able to handle changing priorities with ease in a fast-paced agency environment serving a range of B2B and B2C accounts. As a key member of the account team, this person is on the front lines of client service and will serve as the primary contact between client and agency on a daily basis with support from the account team. The Account Executive will be responsible for, but not limited to, building, managing and growing client relationships while exceeding clients’ business and marketing objectives.
- Serve as the liaison between the agency and client to ensure that client goals, budget and target audience are reached
- Write and utilize briefs and other workflow documents to communicate project details and updates to appropriate agency teams
- Lead and participate in status meetings, client meetings, client calls and client presentations
- Participate in marketing communications planning and execution of tactical aspects of campaigns
- Actively develop media lists and pitch local and national media, including consumer and trade outlets and own media relationships, when applicable
- Oversee numerous projects, ensuring deadlines and expectations are met
- Provide mentorship to AAE, reviewing all work for quality, messaging, consistency and accuracy
- Manage projects with creative, content, social and digital teams from project conception to delivery of final files to client
- Monitor all work and project hours to ensure brand standards are being met and jobs are completed within scope
- Prepare monthly client billing reports
- Collaborate with all agency teams to develop strategic solutions to client challenges
- Build understanding and knowledge of clients’ business and their competitors’
- Assist with new business development, agency marketing and communication efforts when needed
- Continuously bring new ideas and suggestions to clients that fit their product, company and needs
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications or related field (media relations experience preferred)
- At least three years’ agency experience
- Comfortable serving on the front lines of client service, interfacing with senior agency colleagues and senior client management
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time with a keen eye to detail
- Exhibit a can-do attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments and levels within the organization
- Highly organized and detailed, with ability to manage numerous tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate account management skills – proactive, driven and forward-thinking
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, internally and externally
- Adhere to the akhia core values in all business interactions, and conduct self in a manner that reflects the agency’s vision and values at all times
- Consistently requires sitting for a majority of the day to complete essential job duties on the computer and telephone
- Consistently requires auditory abilities to efficiently listen and effectively communicate with clients, vendors and staff to carry out essential job duties
- Occasionally requires standing to scan, print and copy job related documents to carry out job duties
- Occasional overnight travel by land and/or air may be necessary
akhia is a fully integrated marketing communications agency located in Hudson, Ohio. We came to be in 1996 when founder, Jan Gusich, set up shop with a card table, a client and a vision after spending years in the PR business at a big Cleveland ad agency. Today, akhia is 60+ experts-strong, boasting a client roster of some of the smartest and most respected companies in Northeast Ohio and beyond.
akhia has been named as a Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio for three consecutive years and was also named a Weatherhead 100 award winner for three consecutive years as a fastest-growing company in Northeast Ohio.
akhia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.