Founded in 1932 and headquartered in Valley City, Ohio, MTD Products Inc is a global leader in outdoor power equipment with manufacturing facilities, offices and distribution around the world. MTD’s engineering expertise and state-of-the-art facilities are known for innovation and award-winning mowers, snow throwers, trimmers, chain saws, utility vehicles and hand tools for both residential and professional lawn and landscape markets. MTD’s family of brands includes Cub Cadet®, Troy-Bilt® and Remington®, as well as Robomow®, Yard Machines®, Rover®, and WOLF-Garten®.
Lead, design and manage the collection and analysis of consumer and market data with the objective of identifying relevant and differentiated offerings at price points consumers are willing to pay, aligned with strategic business opportunities. Build data models to provide insights for business decisions.
- Manage consumer research projects including defining objectives, recommending research methodology, writing and programming questionnaires, analyzing results using statistical techniques, creating reports and presenting findings. Prepare succinct executive summaries. Develop and communicate actionable data only, be the objective voice of the consumer.
Build and develop models and/or processes to support business decisions and predict consumer behavior.
- Prepare monthly purchase and product satisfaction reports. Analyze and identify correlations among short-term and long-term purchase satisfaction and product satisfaction.
Analyze POS data and relevant factors such as weather, promotional activity, and advertising to identify correlation to sales.
Analyze consumer segmentation data and other consumer data to identify market opportunities.
- Ability to determine willingness to pay, feature preference, value drivers by brand, by product using research and statistical analysis tools.
Support online community projects as needed, including but not limited to survey writing, data analysis and interpretation and report writing.
Serve as a resource and contributor to Marketing, Product Marketing, Sales, and Executive management for key consumer insights in support of board meetings, business plan creation, retailer line reviews and retailer presentations.
- Be seen as a consumer insights subject matter expert who is naturally brought into business discussions and sought for their fact-based input.
Act as market and consumer research resource for global counterparts. Point of contact and coordinator for global research projects supporting global products platforms, segmentation and brand research.
- Collaborate with global counterparts to analyze and identify key macrotrends impacting the outdoor power equipment industry. Monitor impact to MTD by tracking trend velocity, relevance and risk level year over year.
- Cross function support to market insights reporting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, leadership, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly synthesize sizeable amounts of data/information into key insights
- Strong analytical skills, math and statistic skills
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver on deadline with minimal supervision
- Experience with survey programming tools (experience with SurveyGizmo a plus)
- Excellent working knowledge of regression analysis, SPSS, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of R and Python a plus
- Knowledge of Power BI a plus
- Well organized, detail-oriented thinker
- Enthusiasm for learning the Outdoor Power Equipment Industry
- BA/BS or MA in business, management, mathematics, market research, statistics, or business analytics
- 2 to 3 years of business experience
- Corporate/open and collaborative environment
- Flexible working schedule
- Business Casual; jeans acceptable per dress code guidelines
- Approximately 10% travel within North America
MTD seeks to passionately create, build and deliver great products and services that consumers all over the world enjoy using to improve and beautify lawns and gardens. To learn more, please visit www.mtdproducts.com.
MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes 401k, Defined Contribution Plan, Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, paid holidays.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.