The National Inventors Hall of Fame is seeking a creative Copywriter who is passionate about content development. This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining a variety of brand voices. He or she will know the key components to devising and telling a compelling and journalistic story. The Copywriter will work closely with the Marketing and Creative teams to develop a wide range of deliverables. He or she will build a comprehensive understanding of NIHF programs to successfully create new or repurpose old content.
It is suggested that the candidate bring his or her writing samples to in-person interviews.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills for a range of assets, such as videos, websites, print, advertisements, marketing material, event scripts and programs, mini-biographies, museum exhibits, etc. (SEO writing is a plus.)
- Comfortable utilizing AP Style
- Understands what goes into developing a content marketing campaign and can help develop supporting story angles
- Experience developing campaign taglines
- Ability to write to a variety of audiences – college students, parents, teachers/educators, high profile sponsors
- Comfortable interviewing internal and external stakeholders to create white papers, case studies, etc.
- Capable of writing efficiently to create run-of-show scripts for live events
- Develop engaging stories about our inductees
- Able to manage competing priorities and projects
- Possess initiative and creative thinking
- Able to conceptualize supporting graphical elements for white papers, case studies, etc.
- Adhere to a server folder structure guidelines to ensure well-maintained and organized files
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage deliverable dates
- Must be able to work well across multiple functions/departments within the organization
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Detail oriented, professional and self-motivated
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Power Point
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or related field
- A minimum of 5-7 years professional copywriting experience
- Superior written communication and presentation skills are essential, fluent Office Suite
Cover letter describing why you are an ideal candidate for the position, salary requirements, and personal interest in working for the National Inventors Hall of Fame, required with resume submission.
Email resumes to email@example.com.