Gallagher Sharp LLP is seeking an experienced Director of Marketing for our Cleveland, Ohio office. The Director of Marketing will be responsible for creating and implementing the following:
- business development programs focused on enhancing client service and building and strengthening client relationships
- creative marketing plans and strategic plans for both individuals and practice groups to further develop business relationships and seek new business opportunities
- public relations, marketing, media, and social media/digital plans in order to communicate the firm’s core values, successes in the industry, and updates in respective areas of the law
- internal marketing plans in order to train and teach attorneys of the firm how to effectively market both themselves and their colleagues
The Director of Marketing is an expert in marketing, public relations, and communications that will be relied upon to foster existing business relationships and develop new business opportunities, while being able to effectively serve as the communication director of the firm. Works closely with our Client Services Director on a daily basis with respect to maximizing performance in all client interactions.
- Develops, implements, and manages the firm’s business development and client services plan consistently with the firm’s strategic plan and policies.
- Recommend and implement new business and cross-selling initiatives and develop applicable processes and resources.
- Manage preparation of business pitches including customized presentations and responses to RFPs.
- Coach attorneys in identifying and leveraging opportunities through marketing activities and professional organization involvement.
- Development of annual budget for marketing and business development activities with metrics and key performance indicators.
- Supports and facilitates development, implementation, and tracking of business development/marketing plans for all practice groups and individual attorneys consistently with the firm’s plan and policies.
- Participates in the firm’s strategic planning activities with respect to evaluation and improvement of present client relations and services and future business development opportunities and activities.
- Creates and implements public relations activities and communications for the firm and attorneys, including press releases, eblasts, updates in the law, other firm announcements, media materials, social media communications, practice group descriptions, attorney bios, etc.
- Oversees the designs (or contracts) of print and online advertising updates, and maintains and creates online and print marketing and business development materials for the firm and for attorneys, including firm and attorney profiles, practice descriptions, brochures, and electronic newsletters. Oversees mailing list creation and updates.
- Oversees the firm databases utilized for marketing, business development, public relations and client services and generates reports as requested.
- Manages the firm’s website, social medial (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.), and other digital communications, including drafting and updating content and images, evaluation effectiveness, drafting and implementing policies, and working with outside technical and design consultants as needed.
- Oversees the firm’s profiles on online directories, submits information for attorney and firm awards, promotes awards, and determines which directories should be launched and maintained.
- Manages all firm memberships and identifies opportunities to enhance the firm’s footprint.
- Oversees business development/client services functions, events, and opportunities for the firm, including firm events/receptions, team building exercises, outside conferences, seminars, holiday cards, gifts, and thank you notes/gifts.
- Identifies, recommends, and coordinates firm participation in sponsorships, conferences, tradeshows, speaking and writing opportunities, and other such events.
- Report to and communicate with executive committee on all aspects of the firm’s internal and external communications and advertising, social media postings and their statistics, business development/marketing plans, marketing budgets, etc.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in marketing, public relations, and/or communications.
- Professional Experience: At least five years in marketing manager/director role, preferably within a law firm.
- Pro-active, strong leadership skills, results-driven, organized, detail-oriented, analytical, and strong client service orientation, and ability to work with and communicate regularly with the executive committee.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong diplomacy and problem solving skills.
Email Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org