WhiteSpace is looking for a visual problem solver. Someone with an eye for form and color, and who may love fonts just a little too much (mmm, look at the curve on that lower-case ‘g’). We want someone with an optimistic attitude and who is willing to pour his or her heart and soul into a project knowing that a client may just rip it to shreds once it’s complete. Yes, in other words, we’re searching for a graphic designer.
To qualify, you need a lot more than just a copy of Photoshop. You must be trained in the technical aspects of graphic design and have a true love for conveying a clear message through a visual medium. That’s the fun part. WhiteSpace graphic designers communicate using shapes, pixels, colors and fonts on print, websites and social media. We use photography, illustration and digital animation. We use packaging, billboards, buses and faces of buildings. Heck, we’ll use flags, blimps and smoke signals if we think they’d be effective.
So if you want to get a foot in the door at a thriving, award-winning agency, this position may be for you. If you meet the qualifications, why not find out?
- Brainstorm visually creative and strategic solutions
- Develop print and web (front-end) projects
- Apply revisions to existing materials
- Perform print production and prep
- Assist with in-house photography
- Work closely with team members
- Thrive as part of a growing creative team and dynamic company
- 3 – 5 years of relevant agency or in-house marketing department design experience
- Degree in graphic design or related field
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, familiarity with HTML/XHTML, CSS a plus
- Experience in or understanding of print production, pre-press and printing processes
- Sensitivity to typography and a keen eye for detail
- Competence to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and file management skills
- Service-oriented attitude; ability to respond well to critiques and be open to changes
- Animation, video editing, photography and/or illustration skills a bonus
- Full Time, 40 hours/week (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm)
- Weekend or evening hours only as needed per client request
- Salary commensurate with experience
To apply, email your resume and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com. Include “Graphic Designer” in the subject line of email. Due to volume, no phone calls, please.