Directly responsible for the coordination of marketing communications projects and support activities and the creation of marketing materials from concept through copywriting and graphic design. Projects and activities include brochures, sell sheets, web site content, advertisements, email campaigns, presentations, trade show coordination, media relations and all other sales and marketing materials required to meet marketing goals. Executes through internal resources and external suppliers.
Duties/Responsibilities, Core knowledge:
- Create a variety of marketing literature (brochures, sell sheets, flyers, technical documents, project profiles, etc.) including working with marketing, sales and technical experts to develop content; draft, edit and proofread copy; develop design concepts and layouts using graphic design software; route for approvals and make final revisions.
- Participate in annual communications planning process, including working with product line managers to articulate marketing objectives based on business goals, identify appropriate tactics to achieve the objectives, execute on the plan, and provide regular progress reports.
- Assist with development of items to be placed on the web site as well as updates to existing literature.
- Assist with the planning and execution of our internal e-newsletter Marketing Alert including soliciting content, copywriting, design and layout.
- Assist with development of trade advertising, preparation of artwork, obtaining approvals and delivery to publications to meet deadlines.
- Provide media relations assistance, including preparation of editorial opportunities schedule based on publication editorial calendars and issues pertinent for Tremco; responding to editorial requests for materials; managing inclusion in directories; pitching story ideas to publications; developing articles/news releases.
- Respond to Calls for Papers at conferences/trade shows important to our business; work with others to develop abstracts for submissions, assist with presentation development and other promotion.
- Assist with product launches – developing strategy for the various audiences, messaging, method of distribution and materials for inclusion.
- Respond to requests from distributors for new materials (ads, flyers, POS materials).
- Help plan and execute divisional participation in trade shows including reserving booth space, implementation of booth design and maintenance, staffing and promotion among other activities. Assist with materials for regional shows including development of tabletop displays.
- Work with product line managers, Tremco corporate and others on day-to-day needs that come up.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- Three to five years related experience and/or training in business or technical writing as well as graphic design including a variety of marketing materials: brochures, sell sheets, advertisements, media pitches, press releases, white papers and blogs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with an ability to write for a variety of audiences and media using original or innovative techniques or style; an eye for detail and strong proofreading abilities
- Ability to think creatively and develop new copy and design concepts, graphics and layouts.
- Proficiency with graphic design software including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Acrobat).
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Familiarity with print production.
- Organized and results-oriented, take-charge individual with a strong sense of urgency and an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects, ensuring that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Occasional travel for trade shows and conferences and to job sites to do photography or interviews.
- Knowledge of the construction and/or chemicals/coatings industry a plus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.