The Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities (Cuyahoga DD) is seeking a Public Information and Communication manager to direct all Cuyahoga DD public communication including website, online platforms, and social media; manage and direct all other executive communications internally and externally, and coordinate and oversee any video projects used for communication and/or marketing purposes. The nature of work will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Develop an annual communication plan with appropriate themes for proactive public relations and assemble supporting materials to place media stories that focus on these themes. Plan and administer department budget to support the plan.
- Manage and direct the design, development and production of ongoing organizational communication pieces, including e-newsletters, annual report, organizational brochures, program brochures, policy manual, calendar and other publications.
- Direct the development of the Cuyahoga DD Internet website and ensure a regular schedule of updates.
- Direct the Cuyahoga DD social media presence; explore new social media venues and implement their use as appropriate.
- Direct the development of written guidelines and standards for all publications, website and social media, video, signage, center and departmental staff publications.
- Develop and oversee a crisis communication plan.
- Develop a positive ongoing relationship with the media. Respond to media inquiries/requests.
- Provide guidance related to advocacy efforts for people with developmental disabilities by people with developmental disabilities.
- Coordinate a yearly agenda for organizational special events and direct the efforts of staff involved in special events/projects/campaigns in promoting them.
- Prepare and respond to various public records requests.
- Prepare, manage and direct public information campaigns on specific issues to address community outreach concerns about people with DD.
- Direct the development of new video and audiovisual presentations about issues of concern to the Cuyahoga DD. Consult with staff in all areas to assist in the development of audiovisual and video presentations that meet their needs, as they relate to public awareness.
- Monitor use of the Cuyahoga DD logo to ensure brand consistency.
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational communication, business administration, public relations or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of successful experience in public relations or similar field.
- Valid state of Ohio driver’s license and continued maintenance of excellent driving record.