Adcom is seeking a Public Relations Specialist to support, develop and execute multifaceted communications programs. This position requires a candidate who is motivated, deadline-driven and outgoing, and who possesses strong writing capabilities, a love for the media and a knack for building relationships. A strong understanding of social media strategy and analytics, with experience in creating compelling content is ideal.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as lead writer for a national DIY/home décor brand. Generate informational and inspirational content primarily for digital executions (email, landing pages, e-magazines).
- Provide copy support for accounts in healthcare, restaurant and transportation. Online advertising, email and radio specific. Media relations, including list management, campaign development and execution
- Content development and community management
- Coordinating client projects, including distribution of press releases, mailings, etc.
- Public relations and social media monitoring and reporting
- Project/account coordination
- Vendor management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in generating content and communicating through online channels
- Strong writing, editing and communications skills
- Expertise in navigating multiple social media platforms
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes and multitask
- Proactive self-starter with desire to continually learn, grow, and be challenged
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be friendly, honest and team-oriented with a strong work ethic
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, etc.
- 0-3 years of work experience (agency experience a plus, but not required)