ExactCare has an opening for a full-time Senior Communications Specialist, Patient Experience, to lead marketing communications for our patient audience. This position is a member of the Marketing & Corporate Communications team and maintains a strong, collaborative partnership with all patient-facing functions within the organization.
This newly created role will focus on ensuring effective communications at all points of the patient journey to help foster strong patient relationships. You will be expected to immerse yourself in our business and care models and proactively identify ways to improve the patient experience through clear, consistent and effective communications. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced professional to build a multi-faceted communications program that drives a profound impact on the health and well-being of patients.
The ideal candidate has a strong track record of success developing and executing campaigns for a healthcare consumer audience and thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment. He/she must be an exceptional strategic thinker with a strong problem-solving mindset.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Above all else, be a champion for our patients!
- Lead the development and execution of communication programs to engage existing patients and elevate the patient experience.
- Develop patient messages that span multiple channels, including in person, phone, online, social and SMS.
- Be the “go to” communications consultant for all internal teams that interface with patients, providing guidance on effective messaging and methods/channels of delivery.
- Support the development of clear, concise and effective talk tracks to support internal call center functions that focus on patient outreach and engagement.
- Develop and execute a plan for driving patient loyalty and strong patient relationships through regular communications and structured programs.
- Work closely with internal cross-functional leaders to monitor trends in patient feedback and attrition and develop campaigns to address areas of improvement.
- Champion the internal review process for patient satisfaction survey data, monitoring trends and translating data into actionable takeaways for the internal operations team to enhance the patient experience.
- Participate as a key member of project teams implementing enhancements to all parts of the patient journey.
- Contribute to content development for training that impacts patient-facing roles.
- Be an expert in ExactCare’s mobile app for patients (called MyECP). Develop value-based messaging/campaigns to drive user adoption and identify ways for internal teams to promote use of the app throughout the patient journey.
- Collaborate with Marketing Operations leader to measure and track patient communications.
- Handle sensitive, confidential corporate communication, initiatives and/or projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop campaigns / write for a healthcare consumer audience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator is preferred but not required.
- An eye for using visual design to support the development of clear messages.
- Solid understanding of AP Style.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- A passion for patient experience and a keen understanding of the impact clear, consistent and effective communications can have on the patient journey.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field.
- 4-6 years’ relevant experience, including experience developing communications for a healthcare consumer audience.
- Experience developing campaigns for a Medicare and/or Medicaid audiences preferred.
- Proven ability to create and implement comprehensive communications programs that support a corporate strategy and drive patient engagement.
- Strategic thinking, judgment and sound decision-making are key.
- Resourcefulness to successfully manage multiple competing priorities.
- Proven track record of teamwork, innovation and results.
- The ability to interact and influence at all levels of an organization. Success in this position will be heavily based on relationship-building.
- Experience measuring the success/ROI of campaigns/communications programs.