Leadership Opportunity: Vice President of Marketing and Business Development
Are you the kind of professional for whom “good enough” is never enough? Are you driven to grow and improve every day and always welcome a challenge? If so, join us at The Thrasher Group, where strivers like you thrive.
We’re looking for a seasoned professional with experience in the Architecture/Engineering industry to elevate and lead our corporate business development, marketing, and communication activities. As a member of the leadership team, you will support the company through strategic planning, a “can-do” attitude, and managing a talented staff of professionals as we grow and expand Thrasher throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. We are seeking a person who will:
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing and business development plans and budgets;
- Provide direction and oversight for the marketing, communication and business development strategies for new services and within growing markets and geographies;
- Establish and maintain a consistent brand experience across all services, materials, and events;
- Oversee the proposal and marketing efforts of the business development team;
- Collaborate with internal teams and external resources to craft marketing campaigns;
- Lead and supervise marketing and corporate communication activities, including development of internal procedures and systems;
- Promote a consistently excellent customer experience by monitoring company-wide client engagements via communication, observations, surveys, etc. and making recommendations to senior leadership;
- Develop, track, and analyze key metrics of success within business development and marketing and design initiatives to achieve targets and goals in collaboration with company management;
- Manage business development and marketing resources and evaluate efficiency of company BD/marketing expenditures, performing continuous assessment of results and recommend improvements;
- Serve as a spokesperson for the company as directed.
The Thrasher Group has grown into a powerhouse in the Mid-Atlantic region offering integrated planning, engineering, environmental, architecture, construction services, survey, and geospatial expertise to a broad range of clients. Our footprint is growing; we serve our clients from ten offices across seven states. Throughout our company, you will work with hard-charging problem solvers who are committed to improving the communities where we live and work. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and make your mark as a leader, you can do that at Thrasher.
Job qualifications include:
- 5+ years in a senior leadership role with active management of team members;
- 10+ years in a marketing/communications/business development role in the consulting or services industry, preferably in architecture/engineering field;
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic planning skills;
- Proven ability to collaboratively work across various professional levels and regional offices;
- Knowledge of emerging marketing and communication trends and how to apply them to a diverse organization;
- Proven track-record of establishing short- and long-term business development and marketing goals, then executing operating plans to achieve them;
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills