Tell Us About Your Company
CSA Group is an independent, membership association dedicated to safety, social good and sustainability. Its knowledge and expertise encompass standards development; training and advisory solutions; global testing and certification services across key business areas including hazardous location and industrial, transportation, plumbing and construction, medical, safety and technology, appliances and gas, alternative energy, lighting and sustainability; as well as consumer product evaluation services. The CSA certification mark appears on billions of products worldwide.
We are dedicated to making standards work for people and businesses.
What is your position?
I am the Marketing Manager for North America.
What type of marketing does your company focus on?
We focus on BtoB, mainly working with manufacturers. We leverage various tactics, including trade shows, print collateral, videos and digital including media, email and social media.
How long have you represented your company at the AMA?
We joined the AMA in July of 2014.
What are three interesting facts about your company?
1. We are a global company that has been in been in business for over 96 years, based out of Toronto Canada, with U.S. headquarters in Independence, and more than 35 offices and labs worldwide.
2. We impact pretty much everything you interact with on a daily basis, from appliances to tools to sporting goods, but most people never know what we’ve done to keep these items safe.
3. We are committed to social good and driving employee engagement. From the top of the house down, CSA Group generously gives of time and resources to a variety of organizations and communities around the globe. People are first here, and team building activities are a focus in our office, along with surveys and open communication sessions to ensure employees are heard.
Any new and/or exciting projects that you would like to comment on?
We recently completed a series of videos that explain one our main sectors of focus, testing for hazardous locations. Taking our sometimes confusing world into a visual medium has brought clarity and ‘a-ha’ moments to many of our clients and prospects, and served to be a great tool for our sales team. We hope to replicate this approach with many of the other sectors we serve.
Why did you join the AMA?
I joined the AMA to help keep me up to speed on the ever evolving world of marketing. I also wanted to connect with other marketers in the Cleveland area, to share ideas and strategies. The Cleveland AMA is a very dynamic, professional group and I was excited to be a part of it. I also enrolled my whole team – the ongoing education, SIGs and resources are invaluable.
How do you engage with the AMA (Volunteer, events, etc)?
I’ve attended luncheons and other events and look forward to leveraging my membership more in the coming year.
What is rewarding about your experience as an AMA member?
I learned about Content Marketing World via AMA emails. How I never knew this amazing event was in my backyard, I don’t know! But this is the perfect example of how “being in the know” keeps me on top of our evolving industry.
What are three interesting facts about you?
1. I’ve been interested in marketing and advertising since early high school, when I was the business manager for our school musical productions. I’ve never wavered from that path!
2. I’m a proud Clevelander, having lived in the area my whole life. I’ve moved from the east side to the west side, and truly love both! It really isn’t that scary crossing the river – I highly encourage it and checking out what this great city has to offer! ; )
3. I once spent a night in a Walmart in Alabama with friends when a snow storm hit on our way home from Spring Break. The store manager received national recognition for his help when our mothers wrote a note to the corporate office, thanking him for his kindness.